Grand Bend Area Health Services Foundation
The Grand Bend Area Health Services Foundation receives and distributes financial resources necessary to meet the capital requirements of the Grand Bend Area Community Health Centre (GBACHC). In addition, the Foundation enhances health care services available in the community.
The Grand Bend Area Health Services Foundation (GBAHSF), created in 2000 is the fundraising arm of the Grand Bend Area Community Health Centre ( www.gbachc.ca ).
GBAHSF receives and distributes financial resources to meet the capital requirements of the Health Centre and supports health care services in the community. It is worth noting, Government grants, especially in rural areas, cannot meet all the health care needs. Thus, private contributions and donations are essential to enhance existing services and to prepare for future needs.
In addition, GBAHSF owns and manages the recently refurbished Gill Road Medical Centre. The net proceeds from this building go to support the Foundation.
It is understood that the Ministry of Health and Long Term Care does not fully fund the capital requirements of the GBACHC. In order to address this problem, GBAHSF takes responsibility for capital fundraising. This is similar to most hospitals, health agencies and other community agencies.
GBAHSF funded the present site of the GBACHC in 2000. While in 2008. through a Foundation donation, the Centre purchased .75 acres immediately north of the facility for future expansion. GBAHSF has also funded:
- an Electronic Medical Records,
- a sound system for the hearing impaired in the Adult Day Care Centre,
- plus new computers and ongoing facilities updates.
The Foundation is solely run by its volunteer directors and one part-time contract staff.
How Can You Help?
You can support the Health Centre and local health care needs through your donations. Donations Page
- pledge a contribution over a period of time
- make a special gift in recognition of a person or special event
- arrange a planned gift through a bequest in your will OR
- make a memorial gift that will be recognized on the Memorial Wall designating the persons name in perpetuity.